This station has multiple opportunities available:
1. Custodial: Volunteer will make the facility neat and clean for all who use the facility. Schedule is flexible. vOlunteer responsibilities: Vacuum, Dust, Clean windows & bathroom
2. Advisory Council:
Attend monthly advisory council meetings and work on specific projects throughout the year with the intention of supporting the Northeast Iowa Peace & Justice Center.
Meetings held: 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m.
Volunteers will experience the satisfaction of working as a team to build sustainable, nurturing, community, which helps to grow peaceful relationships & equality.
1. Help make decisions about development and use of funds
2. Evaluate and adjust mission realization
3. Participate in select events as desired
3. Immigration Working Group: Educating new immigrants about U.S.. customs & laws, assisting with socialization in the community, and other activities to help them become knowledgeable about the use and understanding of the English language. Volunteers will provide assistance to new immigrants from Central America.
4. Desk Attendant: Volunteers will assist the Peace and Justice Center to be open during the lunch hour, enabling other volunteers to take a lunch break.
Time: 12:00-1:00 or 11:30-12:30
1. Answer phone
2. Relay messages
3. Greet and provide tours for new visitors to the Peace & Justice Center
4. Accept and provide receipt for donations to the program