Workforce Readiness Program Series
Decorah Public Library Launches Workforce Readiness Program Series
Program Series Aims to Equip Job Seekers with Essential Skills
Decorah, IA — Decorah Public Library is thrilled to announce a four-part program series focused on workforce readiness, scheduled to commence on October 24. This series is presented in partnership with IowaWORKS and NICC and is designed to provide job seekers and those looking to advance in their careers with valuable insights and skills necessary for today’s competitive job market.
The Workforce Readiness Program Series will feature four sessions:
1. Strategic Job Searching – October 24, 2-3 PM: This session will guide participants through the complexities of the modern job market, offering tips on effective job searching, identifying viable opportunities, and leveraging various platforms to land the desired position, while also avoiding scams and fraudulent job posting.
2. Mastering Resumes and Interviews – October 31, 2-3 PM: Crafting a compelling resume and acing the job interview are vital steps to securing employment. Participants will learn how to use IowaWORKS.gov and other job sites for job searching, creating a resume that stands out and techniques to confidently navigate through interviews.
3. Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace – November 7, 2-3 PM: Emotional intelligence is a crucial component of professional success. This session will explore the significance of emotional intelligence, how it impacts work relations, and practical strategies to enhance it.
4. Mock Interviews – November 14, 2-3 PM: Put everything you’ve learned into action through mock interviews with program leaders. You’ll get a chance to practice your answers and get feedback from experts.
Each session in the Workforce Readiness Program Series is meticulously planned to engage participants actively and empower them with the know-how to successfully navigate through their career paths. The sessions will be led by experienced professionals who bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table.
Attendance is free and open to the public. Registration is required and limited to 20 participants. Please register below. For additional information or questions, please contact Zach Row-Heyveld, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 563.382.3717
- Event Attendance Mode: Physical Event